Donations are now closed. With your help, a total of $12,150 has been donated to Communities in Partnership.
All donations will go to Communities in Partnership (CIP). More information on why I chose CIP can be found here. All donations are tax-deductible and a receipt will be sent to your email after donating. Thank you in advance for supporting this fundraiser.
Mission: Our mission is to organize and develop long-term residents, especially those residents of color and low wealth, to work towards racial, social, and economic liberation.
Vision: Communities in Partnership envisions East Durham and the surrounding area as a vibrant place where all residents have an exceptional quality of life with the economic and political power to impact decision making that affects their community.
Currently, CIP has prioritized several programs within the community. More information on all these programs can be found on their website.
- Food Co-Op: Since COVID hit Durham, 500-600 Durham families are receiving fresh produce from primarily black/brown farmers 2x/month. This is a 200% increase in families served from pre-COVID.
- Culinary Femme Collective: This collective provides resources and guidance for black and brown food-based entrepreneurs to develop improved business strategy and ensure long-term sustainability. This initiative falls under their goal to connect residents with economic opportunities.
- Thriving Community Fund: This Fund is helping local black/brown owned businesses bridge the gap and scale up during COVID. This is a grant-based program where business owners apply and are awarded funds.
- Access to affordable housing: In partnership with Self Help, CIP owns six units of multi-family house to promote affordable housing and reduce resident displacement due to gentrification.
Q: Is my donation tax-deductible?
A: Only donations made to GoFundMe charity fundraisers (available in the US, UK, Australia, and Canada), are guaranteed to be tax-deductible and will receive tax receipts automatically from our charity partner, PayPal Giving Fund. Donations to these fundraisers are collected by PayPal Giving Fund, a non-profit organization, and distributed to the designated charity. NOTE: This fundraiser is set up as a GoFundMe charity fundraiser.
Q: How do I receive another copy of my donation receipt?
A: If you want another copy of your donation confirmation receipt, please follow these steps to request one through our contact form:
- Follow the link to our contact form here
- Select “I am a donor or supporter.”
- Select “Requesting a new copy of your receipt”
- Enter your email address in the prompt and click “Get donation receipt”
For other GoFundMe donation questions click here, or email email@example.com.